1. How long have you been with OISI and what do you do here/ title?
I’m a Medical Assistant and I have worked with several of the physicians here. Working with Dr. Steve Young right now. I have been here for 26 years this coming April 2021.
2. Favorite part of your job?
Favorite part of my job…all the interesting people and things I have experienced over the years because of this job. Went through a very difficult time almost 3yrs ago. Worked for Dr. David Wood at the time and I had to be off of work a lot off and on and leave early and come in late he was always very understanding as well as everyone else that I worked with at the time. Everyone helped pick up where I had to leave off and helped carry the weight. For the most part, people here are very good at helping each other out when needed. I really enjoy my co-workers. We all work really hard but always find time to have a laugh during some of our long hard days. I have made some really good friends here over the years.
3. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I have my motorcycle license. Rode 1 time by myself; had a wreck, still love to ride, but as a passenger now. Will probably try again when I get the nerve.
4. Favorite thing to do in Southern IL?
I really like going to the wineries and trying out new restaurants, especially little mom and pop places. Love driving or riding around looking at the scenery.
5. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Maybe a foreign language or learn a musical instrument or crochet.
6. What are 3 words you’d use to describe OISI?
Family, resilient, busy
7. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you’d do?
Take care of my family.
8. What do you do in your free time? Any crafts, hobbies, etc.?
I like to go riding, see new places. Love spending time with my daughter, now that she is a teenager those days are not happening as often. Spend time with my friends. Did a lot of binge-watching T.V. during the Covid shutdown.