Responsible for registration of patients and processing/resolution of registration edits.
- Register established and new patients for current appointment.
- Complete insurance updates, Handicap Parking placards, and FMLA paperwork if needed for patients.
- Process Social Security and Disability records requests.
- Assists in medical records function (e.g., scanning and indexing documents, and merging of duplicate patient charts).
- Takes patient record requests and forwards them to the appropriate receiver.
- Scan and index patient questionnaires, medications, and allergies.
- Gather demographics and insurance.
- Collect copays and check deposits at the end of the day.
- Answer and redirect phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of insurance requirements, medical terminology and organization services.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of manual/computerized scheduling systems.
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and physicians/clinicians.
Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Daily and repetitive data entry may cause nerve problems unless ergonomic techniques are used. Occasional stress from dealing with patients with appointment issues.
Position is in a well-lighted, well-ventilated office environment.
Please note this job posting is an on-going job post as we are always looking for the right employees to join our team. In addition, the description of this position is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.