The Controller is responsible for directing the organization’s accounting practices, as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, and the financial community. This position will perform financial analysis and, in conjunction with the CEO, advise providers on ways to maximize profits. The Controller will develop and maintain financial reports, investment strategies and long-term financial goals for the business, and provide a clear picture of the financial state of the organization for stakeholders.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance and/or statistics required. Master’s degree strongly preferred. At least five years of experience in financial/accounting management required. Experience in health care financial management strongly preferred. Experience in compliance strongly preferred.
- Statistical and analytical ability to track, analyze, and evaluate financial data.
- Extremely detail oriented, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Very focused and deliberate.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to providers, superiors, peers, subordinates, and external stakeholders in a way that they understand.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent computer skills, including e-mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- The ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.