The CDI Specialist will be responsible for reviewing medical records and providing education to providers regarding clinical documentation practices throughout the Orthopaedic Institute. Facilitates improvement in the quality, completeness, and accuracy of medical record documentation to ensure coding compliance, accurate reporting, and improved patient outcomes. Utilizes appropriate coding guidelines to identify opportunities for improvement in accuracy and completeness of medical records; and develops/ implements strategies to inform and educate members of the patient care team.
Required Education & Experience
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) required.
- Three (3) years’ CDI experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD9/10 coding and CPT codes required.
- Clinical assessment skills/understanding of documentation impact required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, and general computer skills required.
- Orthopedic experience preferred.